The 350 Digital Static Locator is a non-contact meter that indicates electrostatic field voltage and polarity on charged surfaces. This easy to use instrument comes equipped with a Power On/Hold button and a zero button. The locator is ideal to use in areas such as electronic component production and assembly areas, clean rooms, laboratories, and packaging and production lines. The meter automatically shuts off after approximately 90 seconds. The unit's grounding path is through its conductive case, so there is often no need to wear a grounded wrist strap during normal operations. The easy to read 3-1/2 digit LCD display automatically updates three times per second. Measurements are dependent on the distance from the object being measured. Use the measure on the following:
- Packaging materials, foam, film wraps and bags, magazines.
- Production aids, including: fixtures, tote boxes, tapes, tools, tape and reel materials
- Raw materials of all kinds
- A: plastics, lenses, cabinets, other housings and materials
- People: body voltages, street clothing, smocks, clean room garments